Finance - MS
1) University Requirements
To qualify for admission to a degree program in good standing, you must have:
- A baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least a 3.0i overall grade point average in all the graduate work previously completed at UW-Whitewater, with no grades of I or IP pending.
- One of the following:
- At least a 2.75 overall grade point average in the undergraduate degree program, or
- At least a 2.90 grade point average in the last half of the undergraduate degree program, or
- A master's degree or higher from an institution regionally accredited at the corresponding graduate level, or
- At least 12 credits of graduate work completed on a regular grade basis at UW-Whitewater.
iAll grade point averages are on a 4.00 basis.
2) Additional Admission Requirements
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE)*
- A composite score of at least 1100 based on the formula:
- (GMAT Score) + [200 X (overall undergraduate grade point average based on a 4-point scale)]
- OR a composite score of at least 1150 based on the formula:
- (GMAT Score) + [200 X (last half of undergraduate grade point average based on a 4-point scale)]
*If you submit a GRE Score, we will convert your score to a comparable GMAT Score.
If you are a student from a country where English is not the native language, you will also need to supply results for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A TOEFL score of 550 paper, 213 computer, or 79 internet-based, or an IELTS score of 6.0 is required for admission.
Exceptions to the admission requirements may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Due to competitive enrollments, admission may be limited despite fulfillment of the entrance requirements shown here.