School of Graduate Studies Mission Statement
The School of Graduate Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater oversees programs whose goal is to provide high quality, practitioner-oriented programs that use knowledge and skills acquired through baccalaureate degrees as a foundation for advanced preparation and professional development for careers in business and industry, education and human services.
The graduate programs achieve this through provision of learner-centered processes which couple professional experiences with advanced knowledge and highly-refined analytic, communicative and functional skills such that their students are capable of performances that characterize their best practices of their profession.
To that end, all master's level graduates will be able to:
- comprehend and discuss advanced theoretical questions and current issues;
- collect, analyze and interpret data applicable to complex questions and problems;
- conceptualize, evaluate and implement solutions to complex problems;
- use appropriate technologies as needed; and
- synthesize and articulate multiple concepts in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.