Advance Credit for Veterans

The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is approved by the State Approval Agency. Veterans may receive a minimum of four (4) elective units if they received an honorable discharge after six (6) months or more of service or if they were discharged into the National Guard or Reserves. The discharge certificate (DD214) can be submitted to the Admissions Office to obtain these units.  Credit will be granted for military training and experience if the guide compiled by the American Council on Education so recommends. Students should consult the Admissions Office about this type of credit.  Students submitting the J-Force or Community College of the Air Force transcripts will be evaluated to receive additional elective or degree credits.